Saturday, July 27, 2013

Chirp Chirp

For the past couple weeks I have been interning at a Wildlife Rehabilitation Association, mostly working with various species of birds.  Before working here I knew absolutely nothing about birds and honestly, I had no interest in them.  But gaining more and more experience I have learned so much I would have never known otherwise!  I have not only learned how to treat and care for these magnificant animals, but have also unconciously learned their songs.  The crows are my favorite and have this whiney yet adorable sound, especially when they gobble up their food!  Magpies also have this whiney "GIVE ME FOOD" and get all up in your face and bounce around when you come around to feed them.  I truly believe Robins are just the derps of all birds, (right up there with Pigeons) but have the most beautiful sing-songy voice I've ever heard.

Anyway I've been in Davis for the past day visting my best friend.  We drove around the vet school yesterday and walked around downtown.  This morning we went to the farmers market, walked around and grabbed a hot dog and freshly squeezed lemonade. It was bomb and it was soooo nice outside! I absolutely adore the overall atmosphere and can't wait to be applying here withing the next couple of years!  I'd love to take a tour of the buildings and facilities of the vet school but I can wait until my next break.  Staying here for another day and then I go back to my internship for the next 3 days.

Until next time! Peace and love.

No comments:

Post a Comment