Saturday, February 15, 2014

Derp


Hello all! I'm back… after 3-4 months… oops.  I guess I could say I was ashamed and too scared to come back on here after classes ended because well, I did poor in orgo and will have to retake it.  I'm having a lot of trouble this semester keeping up in classes and motivating myself to study.  I can't pay attention in class, I can't bring myself to study and overall I'm just really tired all the time.  However, I am trying to fix my problem.  I have rejoined CF and WW, so hopefully the exercise and healthy diet will aid my poor sleep cycle.  I am taking baby steps to get myself more organized and writing out lists so I don't forget anything.  I bought a couch and a new bed too! Anyway, I have been lurking around SDN lately (not really in the mood to talk as much as I used to) and a fellow member came up with a weekly blog topic.  I'm hoping it will help motivate me in school as well as writing creatively again, so I'm gonna try it out.

This week's topic: What career path/specialty are you pursuing, and how did you become interested in it?

My first step will be GETTING into vet school.  I may apply this year, but I honestly don't think I have much of a chance.  So WHEN I get in, I would really love to pursue a Shelter Medicine specialty.  Although I have a couple hundred hours of experience in Private Practice, and I absolutely love the client-interactions, the majority of my hours are in Shelter Med and it has captivated my soul.  I would ultimately love to work somewhere with a high caseload of abuse cases (yes, sad I know, but I want to bring these sick people down!).  I've always had an interest in law, and if I could somehow relate the two, speaking in court, giving evidence and diagnoses to help the animals and bring the "owners" to justice, I will do it in a heartbeat.  I guess you could say it stemmed from growing up watching Animal Cops Houston. While watching it, I wasn't necessarily sad… I was mad and I longed to help through the 15" t.v screen.  



P.S. My shoulder is all healed now, and golf is going well. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment