Friday, September 27, 2013

Junior Year

So I know I haven't updated since my flight over here, and this post is long overdue, but y'all have some catching up to do! I have some interesting classes and I think they're all going pretty well. Orgo 1, Physics 1, and Ecology.  I am in love with my Ecology class and as of recently, I will be helping our TA in the field for snake research.  I actually have never worked with snakes before, but I've always wanted to! My mom is not happy about it haha but it'll be some good experience bc I may never work with snakes again.  I am just now starting to understand Physics, and orgo is just one big memorization mess.

On the golf end of things, I have been playing very well in our first 2 tournaments, and leave for the 3rd tomorrow morning. I feel good about my game and am improving more each day it seems.  My hard work is finally paying off.

Another side story… I began watching a friend's friend's dog, and now I've pretty much just ended up with him.  He originally went to the shelter, but was put on the euthanasia list because he hasn't been very well socialized.  I got him, took him home, got him some veterinary help, neutered, shots and now he's become my responsibility.  I was concerned at first because I travel a lot as an athlete, but it works just fine.  He isn't very playful or active… just as long as he can cuddle you, he's golden.  Original name was Jasper, now renamed Snickers, dachshund/terrier mix and a year and a half old.

He was a bit underweight and scruffy in this picture.  Since then he's gained about 2lbs and he's been given a haircut.  He is already my boy, and I'm pretty sure my mom is gonna go ape shit when she finds out I have a dog.  Too late now. :P Love you mom!

Now to pack for my tournament this weekend! I promise I'll update more.

Until next time, peace & love,
blakellen

No comments:

Post a Comment