Tuesday, October 15, 2013

TAMU

I forgot to mention in a previous post that I went to tour TAMU vet school and I absolutely fell in love! So much so that I am taking the steps to become a Texas resident.  I recently signed a 1 year lease on a duplex, I'm getting a car, a credit card and looking for a part-time job.  I'm staying here for breaks between school, and my mom will probably come and visit me since I can't go out of state for an extended period of time.  It's funny though… 3 years ago I swore if I was able to get a golf scholarship, I would NEVER go to Texas.  Being here has showed me so much, helped me grow immensely and I now believe I was meant to come here.  Even in my past 2 years of undergrad, I NEVER considered going to TAMU, and was dead-set on UC Davis.  Now that I am realistically getting closer and closer to applying to vet school and becoming an adult, I have realized that the afforability of the school is going to be a huge factor.  Although I absolutely love Davis and would love to go home to California, I think staying in Texas would benefit me in the long run.  I know being a resident in Texas isn't a shoe-in but i'll have a hell of a lot better chance of getting in.  I will probably also apply to Mizzou, UTK, UC Davis and probably another school with a lower OOS tuition than most.  Back to Organic Chemistry so I can have the grades to get in!

Peace & love
-blakellen


No comments:

Post a Comment