Thursday, August 22, 2013

Goodbye California, Hello Texas


Summertime has come to an end. I apologize for not updating as much as I would have liked to.  However, I start again -- a new year, new classes, a new(ish) team and a new adventure awaits me.

As I sit here in the DFW airport, I take a glance back what an amazing summer I had… and can honestly say this has been the best summer of my life.  I was able to reconnect with old friends, make news ones, get in shape and get some amazing experience dedicated towards my career goals.  I've grown and learned so much in the past 2 years.  I am halfway through undergrad, and another year closer to achieve my dreams.  

I have one more flight to meet my amazing teammate. She has taken me in with her wonderful family until we can find an apartment.  There was tons of trouble with our housing situation and ultimately I was somewhat forced to change locations with different roommates in a far worse area of the apartment complex.  I wasn't going to pay $200+/month to be in a miserable living situation and am so grateful to have such a generous second family let me come into their home until I get back up on my feet.

I am so rejuvenated and ready to (pardon my language) kick ass.  This is the going to be THE year. I feel it.  

I want to throw another shout out to Cross Fit Echelon.  Mark, Adam, Tyler and Sapphira really helped me out this summer and if it weren’t for them I would've never found out how strong I am and continue to become.  Adam pushed me to my limits all summer and believed that I could do so much more, even if I couldn't!  These 3 months are not the end of my Cross Fit journey, but only the beginning.  I will continue to push myself each day, and return with pride.  Thank you for jumpstarting my journey, and I will not let you down.

That's all for now as my plane is about to board.

Until next time -- peace & love,
Blake

No comments:

Post a Comment